Coppertone Sunscreen

(Disclosure:  I am a Coppertone WaterMOM so I received Coppertone products from BSM Media to promote them.  No monetary exchange took place and all opinions shared are my own.)



 I absolutely love being a Coppertone WaterMOM.  I received an awesome promotional package full of Coppertone products to share with other parents.  I can't stand when I see a child with a sunburn.  I know I have been guilty of it too.  Since I became a Coppertone WaterMOM my kids have luckily not had any more sunburns.  There really is no excuse to not apply sunscreen to your child, and on yourself for that matter!  I love the product line.  The sunscreens I received were all SPF 50.  Applying them was simple.  It was easy to rub in and the scent was refreshing.  I reapply every hour so that my kids are extra protected.

Here are some Sun Facts:
  • UV Rays are present year-round but strongest during the late spring and early summer.
  • About 80% of the sun's rays can penetrate clouds on an overcast day.
  • A white t-shirt typically has an SPF of about seven when dry and about three when wet.
  • It can take 12 hours or more for a sunburn to fully develope.
  • Just one blistering sunburn in childhood can increase the chance of developing skin cancer later in life.
  • Darker-skinned individuals, suc as African Americans and Hispanics, are also vulnerable to UV rays.
So now, here are some tips:
  • When available, play in shaded areas
  • Wear hats and sunglasses when possible
  • Have plenty of water to prevent overheating and dehydration
  • Apply sunscreen and reapply every two hours and/or after swimming, sweating, or towel drying
 Did you know that there is a Coppertone MyUV Alert iPhone and Android app, which offers the local UV index, reapplication reminders for each family member, sun protection tips and a local outdoor activity locator for pools, beaches, parks and other fun destination in your area.

So be sure to take Coppertone with you whenever you head outdoors!