Chia Pet

(Disclosure:  I received this product in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own.)


My kids have seen the Chia Pet commercial a bunch of times and every time they see it they start the "I wants".  They were excited when I received the TMNT Chia Pet and the Hello Kitty Chia Pet to review.  They immediately wanted to get it growing!  So I unboxed everything and got it set up.  Setting up is really easy.  First, you soak the clay pot in water for an hour and the chia seeds in water for one hour.  After all the soaking, the seeds were supposed to have a gel like substance, but I found it very watery, which made it hard to spread because they kept sliding down.  I would say to use less water than what it calls for.



After just a few days, the chia seeds started sprouting.  The kids were excited to see how fast it was growing.  Being that the seeds kept sliding down my chia pet was kind of patchy.  You have to keep this watered, which is easy to do thanks to the watering hole.  Just keep it filled with water.  We forgot to water it for 2 days and the sprouts started to droop but once I added water they perked right back up. Each chia seed packet has enough seeds to grow 3 times so my kids are anxious to do this again.


There are quite a few Chia Pet Products to choose from, including Duck Dynasty, Mickey Mouse, Winnie the Pooh, Shrek and many more.  These make for a fun birthday or Christmas present are just fun to do during the summer!