Goodbye Christopher Robin in theaters

(Disclosure:  I received a screener copy of this movie Goodbye Christopher Robin in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions are my own)



I just got the opportunity to watch a great movie.  I never thought of the background history of the stories that I grew up loving.  I have so many memories of reading Winnie the Pooh books and watching movies about it.  As a mom, I have raised my children watching them as well. It is well loved in our home.  My favorite character is Eeyore with Winnie the Pooh coming in a close second.

I could not stop watching this movie as it pulled me into the story.  It is amazing.  The child actor is absolutely adorable and does a great job fulfilling his role.  The scenery throughout the movie is beautiful and stunning.  It was really good to see a movie about the bond between father and son and it was heartbreaking to see the flashbacks of the war that the father went through with having PTSD.  I would never had the thought about how this series could have affected Christopher Robin.  It really opened my eyes.  This movie made me smile, giggle, and even cry and I am looking forward to sharing this movie with my children.

GoodBye Christopher Robin is a film that takes us to post-war England and the lives of the Milne family.  A.A. Milne, an author and veteran of The Great War suffering from PTSD becomes inspired by his son the create the characters we all know and love.  The film explores the ways we heal, and the sometimes complicated bond between children and their parents-especially when the child shares a spotlight alongside a treasured icon.

This movie opened in theaters on October 13th.