The Postage Stamp Vegetable Garden

(Disclosure:  I received this book from Blogging for Books in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions are my own)



My middle son loves to grow vegetables.  We just finished tilling him a place in our backyard for him to make a full sized garden.  We used to have to use a smaller space and had to get creative with what we used.  I was running out of ideas on what to do.
When I got the opportunity to review The Postage Stamp Vegetable Garden, I was happy.  So was my son.  This book is full of great ideas to grow your own vegetables even using a small area and even containers.  It is full of tips and useful knowledge.  My son and I learned and applied quite a bit of what we learned to everything we have grown and we are looking forward to our full sized garden.


What is a postage stamp garden?

To accommodate today's lifestyles, a garden needs to fit easily into a very small plot, take as little time as possible to maintain, require a minimum amount of water, and still product prolifically.  That's exactly what a postage stamp garden does.  Postage stamp gardens are as little as 4x4 feet, and after the initial soil preparation, they require very little extra work to produce a tremendous amount of vegetables.  For instance, a 5x5 foot bed will produce a minimum of 200 pounds of vegetables!