Women are Scary

(Disclosure:  I received this book in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own.)


So, I'll be honest, women are scary lol.  I don't have a lot of women friends.  I find it hard to be friends with women because I feel that lots of women can be judgmental towards each other.  I also spent the last 10 years busy being a mom to my boys and now that they are at an independent age, I find that I don't have many women that I can call up to chat.  I have lots of acquaintances but not that one really good friend.  I desire to have that friendship with another mom but, it is awkward to form that friendship.  It's like I am back at the first day of school.  The book Women Are Scary nailed it.  It talks about all the different mommy wars that we have and how to overcome those and become the friends that we need.  This book would be a great gift for a new mom so that she can get ahead of the game and make that mom friend.

About the book:

A popular blogger offers solid advice to forming mom relationships, leading readers from acquaintances to lifelong friends.  Too many women are frazzled and lonely, isolated in their minivans while schlepping bags, strollers, and munchkins to and fro across town.  It doesn't have to be this way.  In this hilarious yet thought-provoking guide to "momlationships," blogger Melanie Dale uses a dating analogy to help women get more intentional about bonding with each other.  "We are better together," she writes.  "We make each other better moms, better humans.  We need each other, because mothering is just too darn hard."  Using humor and stories from the trenches of motherhood, Women are Scary leads readers from acquaintances to lifelong friends.  "This is our journey to each other," Melanie continues, "to finding our people and being other people's people, learning how to bless each other and not destroy each other.