The Leadership Handbook

(Disclosure:  I received this book from BookLookBloggers in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own.)



I am a quiet person who would never had thought I would be in a leadership position.  Now, you can find me as a Children's Church leader.  Being a leader isn't just about being the head person of something, but it is about knowing your own qualities and weakness and how you can grow yourself so that you can lead others.  In John C. Maxwell's book The Leadership Handbook: 26 Critical Lessons Every Leader Needs is an amazing book that has taught me so much about myself first, and then as a leader.  The 26 lessons that he talks about each offers it's own qualities every leader should know.  This book is great for anyone in a leadership position anywhere.

About the book:

New York Times best-selling author and leadership expert John Maxwell offers practical insight into learning how to lead the person who matters most-yourself.

The path to leadership begins with a question only few of us ask:  How do I lead myself?  John Maxwell presents 26 insights, not just for those who aspire to positions of leadership but also for veteran leaders who aim to build and improve upon the steps that led them to the front of the line.

Sound leadership will impact any endeavor, but sound leaders are prepared for risk-and importantly, failure, just as they point the way toward achievement.  With application exercises and a "Mentoring Moment" to accompany each chapter, The Leadership Handbook presents a road map for a path many may cross but few choose to follow.  "A leader", counsels Maxwell, "never has to recover from a good start."