Motivate Your Child: A Christian Parent's Guide

(Disclosure:  I received this book as part of BookLookBlogger in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own.)




As a mom of three young boys growing up to be young men, I find myself repeating directions often.  One of my children gives up quickly when things go wrong.  I have been looking for and reading a bunch of resources to try to help motivate them to do what is right.  I requested this book from BookLookBloggers because I knew that it would be full of resources.  Some of the things I read in this book were eye opening things that I was doing that was holding my children back.  One of which is rewarding something they should be doing anyways.  "Clean your room and you can have a piece of candy" is something that I say often, but what I am teaching them is they should only do things if they get rewarded for it instead of doing something because it's what they should be doing anyways.  This book offers practical advice every parent should learn!  I love that this book is based off of christian standards with Biblical advice.  This is a great book for parents of all ages and stages!

About the book:

Parenting experts Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller demonstrate how God's word gives us the best way to parent, one that builds strong internal motivation in children.  When parents change the way they parent, kids changes the way they live.  This practical book explores a theology of internal motivation and then gives parents real-life solutions to equip their kids for life.

You'll learn:
 * how to parent in ways that build internal motivation so kids don't have to rely on you to get things done.
*  the four promptings of the conscience and how to coordinate your parenting to take advantage of them.
*  ways to energize your spiral training with fun and creativity
*  how to help children respond to mistakes instead of blaming, defending, or justifying


This is a great resource for every family!