The Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag

(Disclosure:  I received this product in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own.)


With three young boys in my house there is a lot of competition which leads to a lot of bragging and boasting.  My husband and I work hard to try to teach them about not being boastful.  We have talked about how bragging isn't something that we do in our family.  We find that the children will find something to brag about and tease each other with.  So when I was sent The Berenstain Bears and The Biggest Brag to review from Zondervan, I thought this would be a great book to add to our library.  The Berenstain Bears series has been a favorite of mine growing up and I love that I can read them with my children.  The Biggest Brag is a book based on the Bible verse Proverbs 16:18 which states: Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. (NIV).  This is an important lesson that I think all children have to learn.  This book helps with that lesson in a cute, story-telling way.  My sons think they are just reading a fun book but in reality they are learning a lesson.

About the Book:
In this newest Berenstain Bears Living Lights 8x8 book, The Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag, Grizzly Gramps teaches Brother and Sister a valuable lesson about bragging and boasting.

What he happens to overhear the cubs bickering about who can see the most unusual cloud formation, Gramps puts a stop to the argument.  He reminds them that being proud of a special talent from God is one thing, but bragging about it is foolish.  "Pride goeth before a fall!"