In Plain Sight

(Disclosure:  I received this movie in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own.)



When you hear about sex trafficking, you probably think about other countries.  What you probably didn't know, is that it's happening in your own city.  No matter where you may live, it happens.  Women and children are being kidnapped and sold.  It's sick.  In Plain Sight is a documentary narrated by Natalie Grant.  In this film, I learned so many horrifying facts about human trafficking.  My heart was breaking for these women and it made me feel so blessed to be where I am.  I know that our local Christian radio station works with Natalie Grant in raising money for awareness of this issue and they talk about this subject a lot.  Watching this film help make these stories real, because the victims that were brave enough to tell their stories help open eyes.

About the film:
In Plain Sight is an inspiring documentary featuring the work of six female abolitionists as they fight against sex trafficking in the United States.  Journeying to six US Cities, the dil opens the viewer's eyes to what's happening down the street "in plain sight".  Through engaging interviews with numerous victims of sex trafficking, the force, coercion, and deception of the children and women becomes apparent.  In the midst of the darkness, stories of hope and freedom emerge as each survivor shares how she was impacted through the work of a sex trafficking aftercare home founded by one of the featured abolitionists.