Ozeri Duo Ultra Salt and Pepper Mill and Grinder

(Disclosure:  I received this product in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own.)


I have wanted a salt and pepper grinder for a while but just have not actually gone out and purchased one.  So when I had the opportunity to review one from Ozeri, I took it.  When I received it I was a little bummed that it did not come with salt or pepper but that is no big deal.  I easily went to the grocery store and got some.  This Ozeri Duo Ultra Salt and Pepper Mill and Grinder is pretty.  I love the stainless steel look.  It was pretty easy to add the salt and pepper into the correct chambers.  You can take the bottom off and use it as a funnel so that you can direct the salt/pepper into their sides without worrying about them mixing.  There is a plastic O-ring that goes under the top to ensure that it doesn't combine up top in case it falls or gets shaken up.  So, I thought that was helpful.  It is a thin plastic that I thought was just part of the packing but after reading instructions I found out it is a part.


The chambers hold a good amount of salt and pepper.  It isn't large or anything but you could go a while before having to refill it.  I love that it is clear so you can see how much salt and pepper you have left so you don't run out.  You can adjust the grinding size which is helpful so you don't get large chunks if you want smaller pieces.  The bottom part has a sliding piece to keep the salt and pepper leftover pieces from making a mess.  It has only one side open and the other side is blocked.  I found that if you leave it on, whichever side that is blocked, the stuff builds up and you have to shake it out.  So you either have to take the whole bottom off when you are grinding or just rotate the piece so the opening moves to the other side.  I just take off the bottom when I need to use this, I find it just makes it easier.


The grinding part is easy to use.  Just a few turns and you have what you need.  Very easy to control how much salt and pepper you put on your food.  Turn it one way to get salt then turn it the other way for the pepper.  Being that this is a stylish grinder, I store it on top of my oven.  One thing I have learned though is when you are cooking with your oven, put it somewhere else.  I was cooking in the over and when I walked into my kitchen I heard some cracking popping noises and I noticed that this grinder was really hot so I took it off so it didn't get messed up.


You can purchase the Ozeri Duo Ultra Salt and Pepper Mill grinder on Amazon for $19.95.