When Calls the Heart: Lost & Found

(Disclosure:  I received the movie mentioned below in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own.)


A few months ago I was given the opportunity to watch the movie "When Calls the Heart".  Which I thought was a great movie.  Recently I was sent the follow-up movie to go with it.  "When Calls the Heart: Lost & Found" picks up right where the first movie left off.  The storyline follows a young teacher who is new in town and she has to teach children of all ages.  Some of which had fathers who were killed in a mine accident.  The mine company then decided that they need new mine workers and in order to make room for them they are making the widows move from their houses so the new workers can move in.  The widows fight to be able to stay.  This movie really is heart touching.  There were a few times I got teary eyed because of what was going on, and I felt bad for the characters.  There were a few times I giggled.  The end I though was a bit abrupt, I thought it was going to last just a few more minutes longer than what it did.  This movie I could watch with my children and not have to worry about them seeing anything inappropriate.

About the movie:
"When Calls the Heart" tells the captivating story of Elizabeth Thatcher (Erin Krakow), a young teacher accustomed to her high society life, who receives her first classroom assignment in Coal Valley, a small coal mining town where life is simple, but often fraught with challenges.  Lori Loughlin plays Abigail Stanton, a wife and mother whose husband, the foreman of the mine, along with a dozen other miners, had just been killed in an explosion.  The newly widowed women find their faith is tested when they must go to work in the mines to keep a roof over their heads.  Elizabeth charms most everyone in Coal Valley, except Constable Jack Thornton (Daniel Lissing) who believes Thatcher's wealthy father has doomed the lawman's career by insisting he be assigned in town to protect the shipping magnate's daughter.  Living in a 19th century coal town, Elizabeth will have to learn the ways of the frontier if she wishes to thrive in the rural west on her own.

This movie has been turned into a television series that is on Hallmark Channel.  I wish I had cable!