Shelton's Beef Jerky

(Disclosure:  I received Shelton's Beef Jerky products in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own and were not persuaded in any way.)


I received a very generous package from Shelton's for me to review here.  This package included Original, Jalepeno, and Pepperoni Turkey sticks, Original and Hot & Spicy Jerky,  canned Mild Chili and Spicy Chili and a can of chicken breast.

The first thing that me and my family tested were the turkey sticks.  My kids loved all three flavors of the sticks.  I personally liked the Original and the Pepperoni flavors the best.  The Jalepeno flavor has a little heat in it but it was not too hot.  The texture of the turkey sticks was great.  I was not too soft and mushy and it wasn't too hard.  I found it was a happy medium of both and was a hit with my family.

Then we tried out the Jerky.  I found the Hot & Spicy too hot for me but my kids loved it.  I guess I am a wimp when it comes to hot foods.  I really liked the original flavor jerky.  The texture of these were perfect.  Not too hard and not too chewy.  The pieces were easy to break into smaller pieces.

I made myself a chicken breast sandwich with the canned Chicken breast.  I just added a little mayo to it and it was great.  We have not had the chili yet but I'm sure it will taste great like the other products.

About Shelton's:  I love that Shelton's is a family business.  There are three generations involved in running this company!  Shelton's chickens, turkeys, and ducks are grown in free range conditions, which is defined by the USDA as "having access to the out of doors."  They raise their birds without the use of antibiotics or artificial growth stimulants.  Their website has very useful information like How to Carve a Turkey and product nutrition information.


What is your favorite type of beef jerky?