Pirates, Mess Detectives, and a Superhero

(Disclosure:  I received this book in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own.)


My kids love Veggie Tales.  We have DVD's, Chapter books, Bible, Costumes and more things Veggie Tale.  Now I can add another awesome book to my kids library!  I got book Pirates, Mess Detectives and a Superhero.  This book is actually three stories in one.  The stories are geared to new readers.  My first grade son can read this with no problem but my kindergartner has a little bit of problems.  I love the colorful, eye catching pictures on each page.  It helps my kids see what they are reading.  These stories, like all the other stories, have humor to them especially when it comes to Larry the Cucumber.  This is a good, safe book that I think is a great choice for my kids when it comes to having to do their nightly reading assignments.


About this Book:

In this 3-n-1 bind up of VeggieTales I Can Reads, Junior learns that even pirates have to go to school, the town of Bumblyburg takes an angry mud bath, and Larry forgets to listen…..again!  Young readers follow their favorite Veggie friends in easy to read stories that help teach early reading skills as well as sound morals and Bible based life lessons.  Books included in this title include:


  • Pirate in Training
  • LarryBoy and the Mudslingers
  • Listen Up, Larry



So, who is your favorite VeggieTale character?