Riley Mae and the Rock Shocker Trek

(Disclosure:  I received this book as a part of the Booksneeze program.  All opinions shared are my own.)







I received the Riley Mae and the Rock Shocker Trek book from Jill Osborne from Booksneeze.  When I opened it up to glance through it, I found myself easily sucked into reading it.  It is something that I can see happen in real life:  someone gets a big opportunity to do something and it pulls them away from their family and friends and they have to come back to reality.  This book has a great storyline that is easy to follow.  I love that it is part of the faithGirlz product line.  I like being able to pass on books and movies that are full of values to other people.  While I may not have a daughter of my own, I do have a lot of nieces and I want to give them resources that lets them know it is okay to be who they are, and they don't need to fit into the world to fit in with God.  This book is geared to pre-teens to young teen girls and is the first book in the Riley Mae series.  I cannot wait to get the other books in this series and pass it on to my niece who loves to read. 

About this book:

If you're gonna run for your life, you gotta wear the right shoes.  Riley Mae Hart loves sports and action, so when the Swiftriver Shoe Company offers her a contract to be the spokesperson for their new outdoor sport collection, she jumps at the chance.  Soon she's appearing in commercials and magazine ads, and every girl in town wants to wear Riley Mae shoes.  Well, except for Riley.  Because walking in those shoes means missing out on softball season, making her best friend TJ mad, and embarrasing her new friend, Rusty.  It also means sneaking around, hiding, and keeping secrets--because suddenly something isn't quite right at Swiftriver.  But a contract's a contract, so Riley laces up her "Rock Shocker" hiking boots for a climb up Half-Dome in Yosemite.  Will they be the right shoes to get her back on solid ground?