NIV Homeschool Mom's Bible

(Disclosure:  I received the NIV Homeschool Mom's Bible from Booksneeze in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own.)



I have been on the search for a Bible that is geared towards moms.  A Bible that has devotions in it and little studies is what I wanted.  Even though I am not a homeschool mom, this Bible could be very much used for moms of any type.  The Bible has encouraging devotions in it and it has one for every day of the year.  I love that they are dated, but the topics are not in any specific order so if you wanted to read the devotions in the beginning of the Bible and make your way through the end of it you could do that as well.  I wish that there was a bookmark ribbon with this book to make it easier to pick up where you left off.  The devotions are easy to read and get you thinking and it ends in a prayer.  The front cover of the bible is very feminine and pretty.  I actually took off the paper cover because those tend to rip and the hardcover part was the same picture.  The topical index in the back of the Bible is very helpful to search for looking for specific topics you may want to read about. 


This NIV Homeschool Mom's Bible features the following:
  • 365 daily meditations with prayers written by Janet Tatman, a vetaran homeschooling mother with more than 25 years of experience in homeschooling.
  • The full text of the clear, accessible New International Version (NIV) translation.
  • Foreword from Vickie Farris, author, homeschool mom, and wife of Michael Farris, founder of 
  • the Homeschool Legal Defense Association.
  • Topical index