It has been one year

Last year, on this date I was in the hospital with chest pains.  After all the testing was done and results were all back, it was found that I had Dilated Cardiomyopathy.  Heart Disease.  Yup.  I am young.  Pretty healthy.  Have a young family.  Why me?  So many questions.  Very little answers.  But a year later, I have had some ups and downs.  I had my first surgery that was not a c-section.  That was a scary moment.  Emotionally, while I have had some break downs, I am doing great.  I am learning to make healthier choices.  I am enjoying all the time that I get to spend with my husband and children.  I am living life to the fullest.  I had a choice to make:  take my diagnosis as a death sentence, or take it as a new way to live my life.  I chose the latter.  Every day is a blessing that I get to be here.  And even though I have a bunch of pills to take every day, I'll keep on taking them and living life.  Even though I don't "look" sick, I am tired more easily and am unable to do some of the things I used to.  I try to be normal but I know my limits.  It is an adjustment that I am willing to make to become healthier. 

So, don't take anything or anyone for granted.  Live life to the fullest.