Be A Shield CPR Refresher program





As someone who has been recently diagnosed with heart disease and has been given an ICD Implant, I think it is very important to have those around me know CPR.  I also believe it is crucial that anyone that is around children, such as parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc know the CPR basics.  I know I would be devastated if something ever happened to any of my children or someone I know and it could have been prevented simply by knowing CPR.  I have just taken the Be A Shield CPR Refresher program to refresh my memory.  Now I feel that if anything were to ever happen to anyone I would be able to respond quickly and knowledgeable.  

Did you know that:

  • 70% of Americans feel they are not properly prepared to handle an emergency and life    threatening situation such as choking, cardia arrest, or pulmonary arrest (loss of breathing). 
  • 90% of the 380,000 cardiac related deaths happened at home
The life you save could be the life you love!!

I was happy to team up with ACLS National and promote the Be A Shield CPR Refresher Program.
Take a few minutes out of your busy day to take this 6 step very important CPR review.  Even if you have never learned CPR, this will help you be more knowledgeable and if you have learned it before this will keep it fresh in your mind.  Take your time and read each step.  The more you take in the better equipped you will be in case of an emergency.  It is so worth it!  You will learn how to:
  • handle assessing the situation          
  •  taking the persons pulse                  
  • perform the compressions correctly
  • breathing for the patient                  
  • help someone who is choking           
  • help someone with heat exhaustion 
So, what are you waiting for?  Go take the refresher!