Desperate book review

Do you ever feel like you can't be a mom today?  I know that I have.  With three young boys I have had plenty of moments where I felt desperate.  Desperate to breath, to relax, to find myself.  I find myself doing the same thing every single day.  Everyday its getting up, getting the kids ready for school, come home and clean up their mess, pick them up from school, help with homework, get dinner done, get them ready for bed and start the process all over.  It is never ending and its sressful.  And somehow I am supposed to find time for myself.  I hardly have time to go to the bathroom.  When I got the book Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe I started reading it and immediately teared up. This book was written just for me.  At least I felt that way as I was reading it.  This book is a great book for mothers of any season.  I love that at the end of each chapter there is a little study guide with questions and bible verses. 

Book Description

"I just can't be a mother today."
These words have been whispered to God in quiet desperation by mothers who love their children to the depths of their soul, but who are struggling with how hard motherhood is.
Motherhood turns you inside out. Sometimes you feel overwhelmed by how tired you feel; the days go on and on, and you want to be a "good" mom, but you feel like a failure so much of the time. What happened to all your ideals? When did you end up feeling so...lost?
Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson have been to the edge and back. Desperate is the story of one young mother’s trials and one experienced mentor’s priceless exhortations. Desperate is not a book about despair, nor is it a rule-laden mothering manual. It is a bouquet from a friend who has been there, reminding us that we are not alone. Sarah Mae’s unvarnished account of her own struggles mothering three feisty young children is a lesson in learning patience, loving idiosyncrasies, accepting help, and—most of all—leaning on God.
Each chapter includes a brief Bible study with journal exercises to help you find your own quiet center, and get you back into the fray soul-filled and refreshed. Written with candor, empathy, and faith, Desperate is like coffee with a trusted girlfriend; one who knows how hard being a mother can be, and how to navigate the often turbulent road.


(Disclosure:  I received this book in return for my honest review.  All opinions shared are that of my own.)