MOMAHOLIC: Confessions of a Helicopter Parent review








http://www.booksneeze.com/art/_140_245_Book.624.cover.jpg




When I looked at this book on BookSneeze, I thought this was going to be a book of stories of a mom being a "Helicopter Parent".  I was kind of disappointed.  While it did have a few of her stories about her crazy life, it was not what I was expecting.  Higley was a real life soap opera writer and it turns out that her life turns into a real life soap opera.  She overdoses of liquor, sending her to the emergency room, her daughter becomes pregnant, she has an autistic son, and have adopted a girl and a boy.  This is a story of her real life experiences as a mom who tries to rescue her children through out their lives.  I really wanted this book quickly to do the review but it took a while because I just wasn't into it.  I thought this book was gonna be full of situations of a parent hovering their children and the outcomes of it instead of a story of one family.  This book was good but just not my cup of tea. 

(Disclosure:  I received this book in return for my honest review.  All opinions are my own and were not persuaded in any way.)