Our Love Story

I am linking up with From Mrs. to Mama for What's Your Love Story in honor of Valentine's Day


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?  John and I courted for about 2 1/2 years before we got married.  We just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary in January. 



2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?We first met when he came over to our house to hang out with my brother.  I thought he was cute.  A few weeks later I started going to the same church as him and my brother and my crush grew.  Spending time in youth group with him and just getting to know him. I had such a crush on him that I let him talk me into being the only girl to get shot at with a paintball gun during one of our church festivals.  Of course it hurt like crazy but I was thinking, Did he see that, Does he look concerned that I am in pain haha.   I think it was probably about 2 years later before I told him that I liked him and our courtship started. 






3. If married, how long have you been married? We have been married for 7 wonderful years now



4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small weddingWe got married at the church we had been going to.  It was not a big wedding or a small one.  I'd say in between.  Filled with family and friends that we love.





5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Not really, we say babe and sometimes he will call me sweetheart.  In the beginning of our courtship he called me Cumbermelon because my favorite scent was cucumber melon.




6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.   I love that he is a wonderful man of God.  I love that he makes me laugh.  And I love that he works so hard to provide for our family. 
 
 
7. Tell us how he proposed? I love this story =)  We first went to Davis Island and watched the sunset.  Then we decided to go ahead and get some dinner.  As we were walking from where we were just sitting we noticed a limo and he made a comment saying there must be a celebrity here or something.  Then he dared me to go ask the limo driver for a ride.  I told him no, I could not do that. He kept insisting that I ask the driver to let us go and I kept telling him I was not doing that.  Then I notice the driver get out of the limo and walk around and open the door for us.  I looked at John and said "Are you serious?" He said yeah get in.  Then I noticed his brothers truck and John said that his brother was gonna take his truck home for us.  So we then went to the melting pot and had a romantic dinner there.  When we got done and went to leave the limo driver pulled out a red carpet for us to walk on to the limo.  We then went back to wear we watched the sunset and in the rocks was a blue wine bottle.  (This bottle was from our 2 year courting anniversary)  In the bottle was a note from John and he had me read it then he asked me to marry him.  The ring was in a shell that he found when he went camping at the beginning of our courtship.  It was one of those clam shells that had two halves.  He had a half and I had a half.  He had a green ribbon glued to it and the ring was in there.  Then we went to both our families letting everyone know we were engaged.  Most romantic night ever!






8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petalsWe do not really do anything special for valentines day but if he were to do something I think it would be flowers.  One year he had flowers delivered to me on valenties day. 






9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?  I am a romantic so I kinda like the sunset dinner on the beach date.  I love sunsets and I love the beach so put the 2 together.


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?  I would go on another cruise with him.  We went on one for our honeymoon and it was great and romantic and fun just being with him and exploring other countries. 


 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.   We do not really do anything special for Valentine's Day.  Maybe a movie night after the kids are sleeping or something like that.


12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?  No, I know our finances do not allow for any extra expenses so I don't ask for anything for holidays, but what girl does not want flowers.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. I would say have fun.  Play games with each other, laugh with each other.  Don't be serious all the time.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.   I choose this one because it was because of our love that we have these 3 beautiful boys.  And I love being surrounded by all these guys.  I am the luckiest woman in the world! 
Want to share your love story? Link up with tons of other blogs and read their stories here