Why I dislike playdoh

I am sure that I am not alone on this. While I love the fact that the kids can be creative and use their imagination with playdoh, I truly dislike the mess that it makes. It gets all over the shoes and the carpet and it becomes a pain in the butt to get off. I have recently thrown away a bunch of playdoh for that reason. My kids have been asking for more so I caved. The rule was that it would be an outside toy now. We live in an apartment and the tennis court happens to be right behind us so I pick a small corner for the boys to go wild with the playdoh. As I look at all the smashed in globs of playdoh stuck to the tennis court (that will have to be pressure washed to get off), I'm glad it isn't all over my carpet. The kids are having a blast with it though and that's all that matters.