Stumbling Into Grace

Being a part of the Book Sneeze program, the most recent book I chose was Stumbling Into Grace by Lisa Harper.  Stumbling Into Grace is the diary-devotional of one woman's honest, ongoing, bumbling journey of faith and how she finds encouragement through a deeper understanding of Christ's time on earth. Within each chapter she alternates her often humorous memoir with stirring portraits of Jesus and his own encounters as recorded in the New Testament.

Both intimately relevant and refreshingly inspirational, this book will help readers to jettison the theological misconceptions, guilt, shame, and hypocrisy they struggle with, exchanging them for a vibrant, passionate relationship with Christ that results in a more abundant, joyful life.

I absolutely loved this book.  I like that she uses real life stories of herself in the book, like using her pincher like toes to pick on someone wearing pantyhose. Another plus of this book is that it is also a devotional for the reader with a study lesson at the end with a journal entry space for you.  I was not expecting that as I was reading it and was surpised after the first chapter and I got excited.  I have been looking for a devotional/study guide and this was a great one.  I liked reading her stories and then liked how she pulled in some scripture into it to make it go together.  This book could be used in a small women's group using the questions and the end of the chapters to make it more of a study guide but it is great as a personal devotion as well.