In This House We Will Giggle review

(Disclosure:  I received this book in order to facilitate my review.  All opinions shared are my own.)


I have to laugh at the timing of the arrival of this book.  In This House We Will Giggle came on the day I was having a rough time with my kids.  I checked my mail, and opened the package, laughed, and then said not in my house we don't and then cried.  As I started reading it, I felt like the author was speaking my life.  There was lots of yelling and arguing in my house.  This book has given fun suggestions to make your family have joy.  There are 12 virtues that this book covers so you can focus on one a month, which is what I plan to do.  This is a very practical, advice filled book with personal stories included.  I recommend this book to all parents out there!

About the book:

What do indoor picnics and funny face contests have to do with loving Jesus?  More than you realize!

As a mom in the throes of parenting, Courtney DeFeo believes that instilling virtues in children starts with laughter, not lecture.  That perspective propelled her to create this idea-packed book, in which she offers motivating reflections, real-life stories, and a sandbox full of inventive ways to help you turn your kids' hearts toward God.

Each chapter focuses on one virtue that is key for developing your child's character.  Along with insights into how this virtue plays out in the nitty-gritty of life, Courtney includes a memory verse, activity ideas, and discussions questions to reinforce that virtue throughout the month.  Here you'll find a full year of ways to draw your children closer to God through delightful antics like Family Olympics, One Fancy Feast, and Light 'Em Up.

In This House, We Will Giggle shows you how to capture the hearts of your children through fun-so that they experience the goodness of Christ, the joy of following Him, and the difference they can make in the lives of other.  (Water balloons not included.)