Spring in Your Step

(Disclosure:  I am a part of the Children's Claritin Mom Crew and was provided with the products in return for a party and review.  Any opinions shared are my own and were not persuaded in any way.)






As moms we are so busy taking care of others needs.  The kids need this.  Husband needs that.  Housework has to get done.  So many other things.  Do you take the time needed for you?  Do you get 30 minutes of physical activity everyday?   Some benefits of physical activity include weight control, a boost in your mood and energy level and combats healthy conditions such as heart disease,  high cholesterol and high blood pressure.  I personally was recently diagnosed with heart disease and I am trying to do everything I can to make sure that I get healthy.  You can read about my 

You don't have to do this alone.  Grab some friends, meet somewhere and spend some time walking or get an exercise dvd and everyone get moving.  I find that having someone to go side by side with you is a lot easier to stay motivated to work out.

Are you eating healthy?  How about making a fresh fruit smoothie, or a black bean and corn salad.  Eating healthy has benefits too.  Limiting your fat intake, sodium, sugar, etc can help you with your weight control.  Being healthy is not always just about what size you are, it is about your whole well being.  

When was the last time you pampered yourself?  Try a Milk Foot Soak:  4 cups of warmed whole milk, 2 tablespoons of Epsom Salt and 6 drops of your favorite essential oil such as lemon, sandalwood, or lavender.  Soak for 20 minutes.  Sounds relaxing to me!

Getting together with friends is always fun.  Getting healthy with friends makes it better!  So, what is your Zen moment?  What do you like to do for yourself?