Like Arrows

(Disclosure: I received a screener copy of this movie for my review purposes.  All opinions shared are my own.)



As a parent of three boys who are now reaching the pre-teen and teenage years, I could use all the resources I can get.  Sometimes I feel like I am not getting it right and other times I feel spot on and doing amazing.  I have never been in this stage before so everything is super new to me.  I recently had the opportunity to watch the movie Like Arrows.  This is a great movie for parents in all stages as this movie progresses with the family from before kids to grandkids.  Like Arrows does a great job transitioning through the parenting years and all the issues that come up.  It really is encouraging and hopeful to see that in the end things can work out if you keep pushing through and staying faithful to our children and to God.  In the world we are living in, it is hard to stay true to God's word especially as a teenager who is trying to find their place and who they are.   This movie was easy to watch and was heart touching.  I had tears at the end of the movie.


About the movie:

When conflict,  resentment, and rebellion overwhelm their family, Charlie and Alice are forced to rethink their parenting strategy.  In the process, they realize how critical intentionality and focus are when shaping and molding young lives.  Family Life's first feature film explores the challenges and joys that come with raising children.  Through a journey that unfolds over 50 years, Charlie and Alice discover the unmistakable power of family.  Together, they learn that knowing and living by God's Word is what brings transformation and hope to any family.

Check out what the Art Of Parenting is about in this short clip.  I am definitely taking advantage of this resource!!

Like Arrows is in theaters for 2 days only.  May 1st and May 3rd.  This is not a nationwide movie so be sure to find the theater closest to you HERE.